Celebrate environmental awareness with this simple craft.
1. Assemble the paper lantern according to the instructions included.
2. Have the children use a spray bottle to paint the lantern blue or turquoise. Encourage them to use a light touch with the spraying (not too wet!).
3. Let dry.
4. Paint continents with green tempera paint, or, for younger children, let them glue on green construction paper shapes.
5. When dry, display them! Hang them up with string or clip them to an indoor clothesline.
6. The globes don't have to look exactly like our Earth – they can be fanciful. In fact, you can change this project to make all sorts of planets and pretend worlds!
Liquid Watercolor™ Tissue Paper Lanterns - Set of 12
Spray Bottles, 4oz. - Set of 12
Colorations® Tropical Colors Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz. - Set of 8
Lightweight Construction Paper, 9" x 12" - 500 Sheets
© 2007 Excelligence Learning Corporation, All Rights Reserved.