Celebrate Earth Day and decorate your space!
1. Show some examples of the things you'd like the children to look for on their walk: small flowers, leaves, etc. Discourage them from choosing sticks or thick items (pinecones, etc) – explain that flat things will work better for your project.
2. Take your group on a nature walk. Encourage them to gather interesting items, such as single petals, a dropped spray of pine needles, etc.
3. Place in front of each child one sheet of clear, self-adhesive paper, sticky side up. Allow the children to place flowers and other items and arrange them as they'd like.
4. "Sandwich" the cover with another piece, side down. It's best if an adult does this.
5. Trim any excess if needed.
6. Use as a place mat or as a hanging nature window!
7. You can use the sandwiching technique with many other items! "Capture" and display pieces of colored paper, glitter, sand, etc.
Clear self-adhesive paper
Objects from nature - flowers, leaves, etc
Repositionable Clear Con-Tact® Cover
Colorations® Comfort Grip Blunt Tip Scissors
Colorations® Acrylic Yarn- Set of 12
Colorations® 5" Pointed Tip Scissors
One Hole Punch
Colorations® Extra-Safe Plastic Glitter - 1lb.
© 2007 Excelligence Learning Corporation, All Rights Reserved.