An easy visual demonstration of pollution.
1. Discuss how pollution is more than just rubbish tossed on the ground; it's also motor oil, chemicals and other pollutants that can poison plants and animals in the environment.
2. Trim the ends from the carnations so that they can wick up the water more efficiently.
3. Place one in a beaker with clear water and the other in a beaker with colored water.
4. Over the course of one day, the children will be able to observe how the plant takes in the "polluted" liquid.
5. Brainstorm with the students. What other ways can pollution be demonstrated in the classroom?
Dark liquid watercolor
Colorations® Liquid Watercolor Paint, 8 oz.
© 2007 Excelligence Learning Corporation, All Rights Reserved.