|Young ones will create a festive flint corn decoration for the Thanksgiving season.|
|Let’s Begin  |
|1. Have the children draw a corncob on a piece of yellow construction paper, making sure each corncob is wide enough to be folded in half lengthwise.
2. After everyone has folded their corncobs in half (lengthwise), have them cut slits into the fold by starting at the folded edge and stopping just before the opposite edge. (You might want to demonstrate this step.) Make sure the children are careful not to cut all the way through; have them cut just enough to create slits. The slits should run the whole length of the cob, spaced about 1/4" apart.
3. Cut sheets of red, brown and orange construction paper lengthwise, into strips.
4. Show the students how to weave the colored paper into the yellow ear of corn, using an over, under, over, under pattern.
5. Have them take green construction paper and cut out corn leaves to put around the corncob.
6. Lastly, everyone will glue on the leaves.